This article applies to manual schedules. If you have a schedule integration between Avinode and your FMS system please create flight activities via your FMS.
If you have a manual schedule follow the steps below to create a new flight activity:
First, go to the Schedule - Schedule tab in Avinode.
Create a Schedule Activity
All editing is done by left-clicking on the day and aircraft you wish to edit.
To create a new trip or activity, select the right aircraft and date, click New... and choose one of the available options.
Either option will open a new window in edit mode that looks almost identical whether it is a Trip or a Non-Trip Activity, the only difference being that in the Trip Activity you can add a “Scheduled Trip” name, for instance the name of the client or internal reference number.
- Scheduled Trip: Give the trip a display name. This can only be seen internally by your organization.
- Aircraft: The aircraft is selected based on your choice from the overview. If you want to change the aircraft, please use the drop-down menu.
- Activity Type: Choose the appropriate activity from the drop-down. These activity types displayed in the image are the default selection, but you can add more or edit the existing ones. Choosing the Activity type Empty leg will automatically market your empty leg in the Avinode search. Read more about how to create a new Activity Type here.
- Activity Start Date/Time: Start date is based on your choice from the Calendar View. To change the date: write the date directly into the date field or click on the calendar view on the right.
- From & To: The departure and arrival airport of your trip.
- Activity End Date/Time: You can leave blank in this case the system will calculate the end time and date for you once you hit the “Enter” key. Or you can put the end time manually.
- Passengers: Enter the number of passengers (“0” in the case of a “Maintenance”, “Empty Leg” or “Ferry” activity).
If you want to add an additional leg in the same Trip (either below or above), you can use the “Add line” buttons located to the right.
Now go try it!