Set the Schedule and add aircraft activities (e.g. occupied flights, empty legs, maintenance…), maximising this way the relevance of the requests you will receive as an operator.
It is designed to be as quick and flexible as a traditional whiteboard with the major advantage of being online and accessible wherever you are.
How to Create a Schedule Activity
All editing is done by left-clicking on the day and aircraft you wish to edit.
To create a new trip or activity, select the right aircraft and date, click New and choose one of the available options.
This will open a new window in edit mode that looks identical whether it is a “Trip” or a “Non-Trip Activity”, the only difference being that in the Trip Activity you can add a “Scheduled Trip” name, for instance the name of your client.
- Scheduled Trip: Give the trip a display name. This can only be seen internally by your organisation.
- Aircraft: The aircraft is selected based on your choice from the overview. If you want to change the aircraft, please use the dropdown menu.
- Activity Type: Choose the appropriate activity from the dropdown.(Please note that the Activity Types that you have might not look exactly the same as in the above example as these are customisable)
- Activity Start Date/Time: Start date is based on your choice from the Calendar View. To change the date: write the date directly into the date field or click on the calendar view on the right.
- From: The departure airport is always set from your home base. If you need to change it, type directly in the text field.
- To: Enter the ICAO, IATA code, or the name of the city for your arrival airport where you want to show transient.
- Activity End Date/Time: Leave blank, the system will calculate the end time and date for you once you hit the “Enter” key.
- Passengers: Enter the number of passengers (“0” in the case of a “Maintenance”, “Empty Leg” or “Ferry” activity).
If you want to add an activity on the same Trip (either below or above), you can use the “Add line” buttons located to the right.
How to Create an Empty Leg
Empty Legs can be created either from the dedicated “Empty Legs” section, or from the “Schedule” section itself.
If you want to create an empty leg from the “Schedule” page, you will need to create a new “Trip” activity (refer to the above section “How to Create a Schedule activity” if needed).
Then make sure to fill in the itinerary while selecting the right Activity Type: “Empty Leg”, and set the number of passengers to “0”.
As soon as you hit “Save”, the empty leg is automatically published in the Marketplace.
Note: If you want to take a step further and verify your empty leg, price it or expand its availability, then you will have to go to the “Schedule – Empty Legs” tab in order to do so.
How to Show as Unavailable
If you don’t want your aircraft to show as available in the Search for some time (e.g. during a “Maintenance” period), left-click on the corresponding aircraft/start date and __select “Full Day Activity…” – e.g. Maintenance. __
Then select your timeframe, the airport where this full-day activity will take place, the number of passengers (“0”), the Activity Type (e.g. Maintenance) and hit “Save”.
How to Edit/Delete an Activity
Edit an Activity
This option will be available only if there are activities added for the respective day and aircraft. To edit a trip or an activity, choose “Edit/Del Activity…” from the options and click on the activity that you would like to edit.
This opens up the edit window. Make changes to the activity/activities you wish and click “Save” to store the new information in the schedule. If the activity you have selected is part of a trip, all activities in that trip will be shown in the edit window.
Delete an Activity
To remove an activity or a trip, choose the “Edit/Del Activity…” option, and click the activity you want to remove. This opens up the edit window.
In the case you want to remove the entire trip, click the “Delete” button.
If you only want to remove one activity, use the Garbage can symbol located to the right of that activity.
Now go schedule!