By providing your Google Analytics ID under the Embed tab you will be able to track the following events from inside the web app:
- “Show category description“ – Clicking on a category description. (We can not send the category type since they are not final. They can be whatever)
- “Change currency to: <currency_code>” – Changing currency
- “Sending inquire“ – Clicking the “Sending” button to send an inquiry
- “Change language to: <language_code>“ – Changing language
- “Change <date field>“ – Changing date fields, where date field is the date depending on the search. (fromDate, endDate, date)
- “Change <time field>” – Changing time fields, where date field is the time depending on the search. (fromTime, endTime, time)
- “Decrement pax“ or “Increment pax” – Changing PAX
- “Change trip type to: <trip_type>” – Changing trip type
- “Open inquiry form” – Clicking inquiry button in search result
- “Close inquiry form“ – Clicking cancel or X in inquiry form
- “Search, <search_type>“ – Searching
- “Change startAirport” – Changing start airport
- “Change endAirport” – Changing end airport
No further configuration is needed. See the example below on what it should look like in your Google Analytics account once a few different events are being tracked.
The web app solution supports a referrer variable to be sent to Google Analytics. This is configured by adding the query parameter “analyticsReferrer” to your Avinode web app bootstrap script, with a referrer (URL to your referral site) See below example of where in your script you should put it:
<script src="https://apps.avinode.com/webapp/rest/bootstrap?Avinode-WEB-APP=<TOKEN>&analyticsReferrer=<REFRERRER>" async></script>
Note, this is done after you copy pasted the script from inside Avinode. The “analyticsReferrer” query parameter is then added to the script right after the authorization token, starting with
&analyticsReferrer= and should be in the format
With “analyticsReferrer” we will send the referrer to Google Analytics and one can create reports based on different referrer values.
When not adding a referrer to the web app script, traffic will appear to be coming from an Avinode page instead, and you won't be able to trace your traffic correctly in Google Analytics.