By providing your Google Analytics ID under the Embed tab you will be able to track the following events from inside the web app:
- “Show category description“ – Clicking on a category description. (We can not send the category type since they are not final. They can be whatever)
- “Change currency to: <currency_code>” – Changing currency
- “Sending inquire“ – Clicking the “Sending” button to send an inquiry
- “Change language to: <language_code>“ – Changing language
- “Change <date field>“ – Changing date fields, where date field is the date depending on the search. (fromDate, endDate, date)
- “Change <time field>” – Changing time fields, where date field is the time depending on the search. (fromTime, endTime, time)
- “Decrement pax“ or “Increment pax” – Changing PAX
- “Change trip type to: <trip_type>” – Changing trip type
- “Open inquiry form” – Clicking inquiry button in search result
- “Close inquiry form“ – Clicking cancel or X in inquiry form
- “Search, <search_type>“ – Searching
- “Change startAirport” – Changing start airport
- “Change endAirport” – Changing end airport
No further configuration is needed. See the example below on what it should look like in your Google Analytics account once a few different events are being tracked.
The web app solution supports a referrer variable to be sent to Google Analytics. This is configured by adding the query parameter “analyticsReferrer” to your Avinode web app bootstrap script, with a referrer (URL to your referral site). See example below of how code is generated after entering an URL in the textbox and clicking save:
With “analyticsReferrer” we will send the referrer to Google Analytics and one can create reports based on different referrer values.
When not adding a referrer to the web app script, traffic will appear to be coming from an Avinode page instead, and you won't be able to trace your traffic correctly in Google Analytics.
The web app does not support tracking from which ad or campaign the visitor came from.